munyee
Had dinner at LoneStar for the first time with some of my coursemates. I had a small serving of lamb shank which includes 2 lamb shanks, a large scoop of mashed potatoes and a medium-sized bowl of salad. The mashed potatoes were really good! There were some crispy strips (don't really know what it is or what it is called) on the plate which were really, really tasty. The lamb shanks, to me, were alright, not particularly good or anything. I'm not really a fan of lamb anyway. Just thought it would be a waste not having tried a proper lamb meal in NZ. For the lamb shank, you can either have the small or large serving. I opted for the small serving coz someone told me that their servings are actually quite big. Even so, I couldn't finished it. The portion was huge! I was so super full! I practically have to force the second lamb shank down my throat! -_-"

The dinner cost me $25 which I think would be quite reasonable if you can share it with someone. I couldn't finish it alone so quite wasting. I managed to finish one and a half lamb shanks, barely touched the salad and there was still some mashed potatoes left on my plate. I didn't want to takeaway the leftovers coz it just feel weird. Hehe. At first, I was actually contemplating on whether to have the full serving or the small serving. Thank God, I didn't go with the full serving! Otherwise, it would have been worse! A few of us had lamb shank while the rest had salmon, fish, chicken, pork ribs etc. Their portions weren't that big compared to the lamb shank. Weird.

Anyway, I had a great dinner and great time hanging out with my coursemates. A good opportunity to get to know my coursemates better. *wink*

So ya, I had my first proper lamb meal in NZ and I am...satisfied! That makes another tick on my checklist of the must-do things in NZ before I leave. Hehe. ^_^

Labels: , edit post
1 Response
  1. glo teng Says:

    ah i'm so glad for you! :D your checklist thing ;) way to go mun! :D

    sigh. lonestar. i also want..


Post a Comment